Bismarck is the second most populated city in North Dakota that lies in Burleigh County. With an estimated population of 1, 32,678 according to the 2017 census, Bismarck has been ranked as one of the fastest-growing small cities in the U.S according to Forbes. There are plenty of facts to learn about Bismarck especially if you have been planning to travel there soon. Bismarck is an amazing tourist destination and if you think you need to explore this city soon, then start planning for your trip by making an advance reservation with Frontier Airlines Reservations.
Get a chance to work with some of the best travel experts, flyaway with cheap deals to Bismarck
Here are some amazing facts about Bismarck that will help you gather more knowledge about this amazing city:
- Bismarck was originally founded in 1872 by the European Americans along the eastern bank of Missouri River.
- Bismarck was originally formed from the Dakota Territory and initially served as the capital of North Dakota since 1889.
- It got its name from Bismarck from the Mandan River after a Native American tribe.
- Bismarck is sandwiched right at the center of Great Plains between Canada and the United States. Therefore it experiences four different types of the season from a humid continental type of climate to cold, snowy, humid and snowy winters,
- Some of the most notable people of Bismarck include Leslie Bibb, Kent Conrad, Ronnie Cramer, Clay Jenkinson, etc.
- Bismarck is home to the World War 1 Memorial Building that has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Some of the popular tourist attractions in Bismarck include Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park, McDowell Dam Lake, Abraham Lincoln State Park, Dakota Zoo.
We hope this blog has been enough in providing you some useful information. Check out Frontier Airlines if you are interested in reading more blogs.